1:1 Cylon Helmet / Head

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'm pretty sure that I said some where that I was going to finish this card model, submit the beta model to the public, finish up the textured version, then release it... Not really sure that I covered it, but I do think I said something about sculpting it when it was finished, this build I mean.. But, yeah... To answer your question outright, I'm going lay down layers of fiberglass and resin in the interior, then I'll use polyester resin (Bondo) on the outside, to get the sculpt to more appropriately fit the contours of the on screen version. After that I'll shoot it with multiple layers of enamel primer and coat it with silver / chrome, cut out the eye slit, cover that with clear PETG and install the electronics.:mrgreen:
  2. vaderman1701

vaderman1701 New Member

That will look sweet. :thumb: I am hoping to do that with the TOS Cylon head. Never put a pep together so this is going to be a learning experience.

I have seen people over on the RPF take their PEP Iron Man helmets and do the fiberglass and bondo.
  3. MTK

MTK Active Member

Yes, I remember where it all started, now thousands of people world wide are following the same methodology to build their own ships, armor.... You name it.:mrgreen::cool::thumb:
  4. MTK

MTK Active Member

Woohoo! New update! This bad boy is really taking shape. Thanks again to Skip and SJS!:thumb: Not much longer and this will be in the sculpting stage. Have a look at the contours and tell me this can't be done with cardstock!:mrgreen: Yes, there are some minor flaws, but that's what the beta build is all about.

5. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

That's all well and good, but you did NOT commission me to model this head. It was commissioned by someone else and I shared the model with you as a friend.

It seems you're taking more credit for this model than you really deserve.

You also know full well that I sell copies of my Pepakura/cardmodel work and I've been informed that you've uploaded it here for free for all. Now While I'm not greedy, this isn't about money, you've clearly voilated my trust.

It seems wherever you go, no matter what username you use, it's only a matter of time before you go back to your usual BS. MTK, KTM, CJTK1701. It makes no difference.

After our hostile conversation this morning I see no reason to stand by and allow this to continue Joe. You were out of line then, and you're out of line now.

To clarify, you asked permission to use my Cylon head. And wanted to commission my to do the body. I told you well in advance that I was far too busy to take that job on. So please, don't try to tell these people that you paid to have this head created! It's insulting.

I'm also surprised that SJS has played a role here since he and I worked together a while back on the BSG fleet. Just because you modified my model slightly doesn't change the fact that it was my model! Commissioned by a friend in Ireland almost 3 years ago! Long before you came along and showed an interest in it mate.
  6. MTK

MTK Active Member

Yes, I commisioned you to do the whole model. I have those e-mails and the pay pal reciept for that as well. I commisioned this model for a resin model maker if Fla. That is a fact.
  7. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'm surprised that you would come on this forum, or any other and lie like this. I paid for this model, just as I paid for many others. I still have the e-mails that I sent you to prove it. I asked you years ago to build an entire Cylon. You said yourself that you could not finish the model, just as you said you could not finish others, yet you took payment! You can call me anything you like, but I will open up all of the e-mail between us to a third party and they can look at things objectively and decide.
  8. MTK

MTK Active Member

Do not attempt to besmirch my name, or my efforts. I made every attempt to credit you and to credit anyone involved and never took credit for anything that I did not do. I make every attempt to credit anyone that has helped, or worked with me. Do not drag anyone else into this either. I have credited them as well. I have asked you simple questions on multiple occasions and ended up getting my answers here, from decent, honorable folks that only want to work together.
  9. MTK

MTK Active Member

Note: I've offered every model that I have worked on here for free and have paid money to get some of them done. I have never profited from any of these models and never will. I've spent hundreds of hours working on and learning how to do this to give something back to all of those who have went before me. I appreciate everyone who has submitted a model to the community, that is the only reason for doing what I do. I've tried to give something back for all of the models that I have gotten for free.

If the staff and moderators here will allow me, I will continue to do so.

MTK Any questions? PM me, or e-mail me.:thumb:
  10. MTK

MTK Active Member

I will continue both projects and offer them for free, either here, or on my blog.I've asked for nothing and want nothing, but to give back to the same people that have given to me. I have profitted in no way from the very models that I have paid for.
  11. MTK

MTK Active Member

Oh, and BTW, didn't I pay for the rights to the Enterprise D bridge that was still on Leslie's site a year after? You know what Skip, I don't need the model anymore, I can do this for myself, but you keep the money. Just want to make sure we're square. Especially since I tried to talk to you in e-mail, just as I tried to talk to movieman before that. Jesus. Wow, just wow....!?!? I went through Pay-Pal and screened every payment.:cry:
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Just wanted to make sure that it is clear that I credited everyone I knew was involved from the first post even though I paid more than $60.00 to have this kit produced, to give it away for free after the original resin vendor scoffed at it. If anyone has any questions, or comments, please contact me in person first. Thank you. I still can't get over this. I paid to have this done, credited everyone and have worked on it myslef to give it away. Where's the issue?:confused::confused::confused:
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Many people model the same object. Sometimes, people exchange ideas, or other considerations. Ultimately, a model is made. If the model is done exactly to the standard of the original concept, in the case a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica, then, the absolute and final rights of the model lie with the studio that produced the model. A lot of effort and work can go into making a copy of someone else's work. If the copy of the work is a copy of something that did not originate with you, then saying someone stole the idea is kind of weird. Nobody is stopping anyone from doing different builds and interpretations of any model. I don't understand this argument over work of which the original art belonged to neither party and neither had any part of. Good thing you didn't make a resin kit, you probably would have been sued!! The model looks great though. And it would look great over a motorcycle helmet!!:agree1:
  14. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

While it is clear that you have a disagreement, and for the *most* part the two of you have remained civil, I would ask that you take this matter to either private emails or PM's.

It is not the position, duty or requirement of myself or my mods to arbitrate disputes between members.

I DO ask that they behave themselves in the meantime.

Warning given. Please don't make me lock the thread, guys.

Let's cool off, take a step back and get back to building models.

That is all.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  15. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

I said I wouldn't get involved in any more threads like this, but I have to defend Skip. He has been a good member on this forum and over at the papermodelers forum, he is a good guy.

This reason I have posted about this matter is a comment you made above, you stated that you "paid for the rights to the Enterprise D bridge", how did you do this when paramount pictures hold the rights to everything that involves star trek. I'd like to know the answer to this, because I was the guy that did the beta build along with skip.
  16. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Final warning!

No one needs defending. No one needs to prove anything to anyone.

This is a private disagreement. This forum is not for the vetting of personal disagreements. The members here, the mods and I are not judges or juries.

Both people involved in the dispute have been good members of both communites as far as I know, and I'm not interested in rumor or innuendo about *either* party.

What I AM interested in is that this matter is dropped in public.

This is the final warning I'm giving on this matter. If it continues on any thread in this forum, the tread will be locked.

If it continues past that... then I'm gonna get pissed.

You all know I'm an easy-going guy. Don't make me angry.

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

17. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Ekuth I understand what your saying, but my question about the enterprise d bridge still needs answering, after all I did the beta build years ago and the thread is still around here some where to prove it. MTK is quite welcome to PM me to discuss the matter.
  18. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Threads closed.

Alright, since my message is obviously NOT getting across...

Threads are locked.

Further disagreements, replies, arguments, ect, ect, ect on this matter had damn well better stay in private emails or PM's.

If I see this crop up again either on the other thread or in a new thread, further actions will be taken.

I have enough to deal with here at home without having to deal with this also. You wanna make it my issue? I'll settle it. Permanently.

Don't push me, I mean it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.