1:1 Cylon Helmet / Head

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

Looks awesome.
  2. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thanks ninja_doc, I just sent the .pdo out to various members and staff.
    I'm working on the Beta Build and will have updates soon.

Special thanks to SJS for all of his help and assistance in various ways!:thumb:
  3. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

Toasters Everywhere!

Nice work!
    Temptation on this one is strong.
    I eagerly await more developments.
    Are you going all the way on this?
    Or will this only be a head?
  4. MTK

MTK Active Member

For now, this thread is only going to cover the head, but it will completely cover the head. I'm building a beta version right now and SJS is adjusting the Beta I'm working on for a 2.0 version, as I understand it. We are going to be working on the entire 1:1 Cylon, at least that's the understanding now. However, I have several projects that I have promised to finish first, so as soon as the head is done I'll be wrapping those models up, while working on a large, for pay, contract. Updates may be slow after the head is complete and ready for distribution. Hope that answers the question accurately.
  5. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

It does indeed.
    I completely can appreciate the need to follow up on the business end of things.
  6. oriod01

oriod01 Member

Since the continuation of this will be slow coming after the head, I recommend when it does continue that the neck/chest be next. This way if someone only wants to do a full bust, they don't have to wait for a bunch of other parts to do said bust. Those who intend on building the entire thing will still have a bust to display while waiting for the rest. Just a thought.
  7. MTK

MTK Active Member

Sounds good to me....:mrgreen: Below are a couple of build shots and a couple of shots of the directions. I'm going to make a complete set of step by step instructions for this, so that it is very clear how this goes together. I'll be using a combination of real life photos and step by step graphics with the addition of an easy to follow narrative.:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

8. racerMachX

racerMachX New Member

Great work. Very clear steps.
  9. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thanks, here's some more of the work I've done. I've since been working on it more, it's just taking time to do the fiddly bit. More to come.

10. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

:thumb::thumb::thumb:THAT IS FRAKKIN AWESOME!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I just hope anyone will tackle the Classic Cylon Centurion from Razor, too...
  11. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you. Bazookajo, I think has already done a TOS Cylon, that could easily be modified to the Razor version I think....

12. seakrakken

seakrakken Member

I gotta get me some Mad Skills like you got!:thumb:
  13. MTK

MTK Active Member

14. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

MTK, you are officially FRAKKING NUTS.

Now, modify the entire suit so it will be wearable... tooth1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  15. MTK

MTK Active Member

Well.... I've got to get this done and then size it correctly, then we have to make sure it's right..... Then we have to find a very skinny person to try to fit the suit....:confused:
  16. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Member

Great work MTK.
    Building the entire Cylon at 1:1 scale would make an interesting project.
  17. Revell-Fan

Yeah, but that would be quite a challenge. Getting the head right is the essence... I think it would be easier to develop an all-new model to get the Razor Centurion.

Keep up the great work! :thumb:
  18. Revell-Fan

19. MTK

MTK Active Member

20. vaderman1701

vaderman1701 New Member

Are you planning on fiberglassing this or just leaving it as a paper model. Either way it looks really cool?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.