1:1 Cylon Helmet / Head

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTK

MTK Active Member

Coming soon.....

I contracted this for a resin kit vendor two years ago, or so, but since we parted ways, I'm offering this up to everyone for free.

Contracted by me, built by Skip, Finished and corrected by SJS. Refer to Ekuth's directions on "Cylon Eye Electronics."

I built the prototype and that's when I started looking to get it into the right dimensions so that fans would want to build it. This was orignally going to be a resin kit.

Attached Files:

2. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

That looks great!
  3. clif52

clif52 Banned

Would make a great prop to decorate the art studio. I wonder why no one has created a figure model of the Cylons like the Bumblebee and Optimus Prime models?

4. oriod01

oriod01 Member

All this needs is the chest/neck to make a full bust that would look perfect on your desk.
  5. ennder

ennder Member

Very Nice :) To quote Chum Lee (from Pawn Stars) "I want one".
    It would look good mounted on my wall :)
  6. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'm really looking forward to getting the finished model and building the beta build. I want to stiffen it up and paint it and add electronics.
  7. MTK

MTK Active Member

Cylon Centurian Helmet Done!

The modeling is done, I'm unwrapping it now and will be doing the beta build over the weekend.:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

8. lytesabre

lytesabre New Member

Looks fantastic, as with all your models, keep up the good work!
  9. movieman

movieman Member

I did make a start on a new version Cylon... but only got as far as the feet.... not a head has been done maybe we could meet in the middle bit by bit .....:mrgreen: here is a picture of the foot I have unfolded so far.

10. MTK

MTK Active Member

Brilliant! I'd love too. I'm working with SJS right now, but I'm happy to work with anyone that's willing to move forward to create the entire Cylon in 1:1. I've got a complete mesh in verious formats and have been working on some basic texturing while working on the unfold.
  11. movieman

movieman Member

I am going to re edit the foot unfold... the only thing to get right is the scale of each part.... but that is easy to work out as each part is corrected and also the true scale of a 1:1 cylon. The 1:1 terminator endo is the top life size model at the moment but this puppy may give it a run for it's money online.....lol
  12. MTK

MTK Active Member

Yes, I think it might. I'll send you a PM. If we are going to indeed work together, then we need to have the same source material, confer on agreed upon height and be working from the same model, so that all the parts maintain the same scale and will fit together. Perhaps we can get others to help out with parts of the project.:mrgreen:
  13. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

let me know if you want beta testers for the head. i've made a few different masks to hang on the wall over the last year and a bit.:thumb:
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

I'm working on the beta build this weekend, when not cutting grass, cleaning up after storms and other real life stuff. I'll be glad to send you a copy as soon as I finish the unfold, which is about 80%.
  15. MTK

MTK Active Member

I've got the unfold done and am currently working on the textures. Will be starting the build tomorrow, for directions.

Attached Files:

16. MTK

MTK Active Member

Textured Cylon Prelim

I couldn't sleep, so I got this much done tonight. Any feedback is welcome.

Attached Files:

17. F131

F131 Member

The helmet looks great.
  18. marciu11

marciu11 Member

Wow Fantastic work!

Where can download this great helmet Centurion?
    Looks great!
  19. MTK

MTK Active Member

Thank you both. As soon as I finish the build and complete the texture and finish the directions... I'll make it available to everyone.:mrgreen:
  20. MTK

MTK Active Member

Darkened the texture and changed the eye effect, still need to blend it better.... Unfortunately I found a minor flaw in the mesh. I'm going to run with it as is for the build, but at some point the dome is going to have to be modified. It's acceptable to use for sculpting as is, but will need adjusted in the future.

It's clear the the helmet looks good in profile, but not quite 100% in a straight on shot.:confused:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.