0n30 Manufactures

Discussion in 'On30 Forum' started by weaham@localnet, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson Well-Known Member

On30 bothers me, it just doesn't look right. I have purchased a Bachman On30 Climax with DCC and sound, to spread to ON3. It is an amazing locomotive, sounds good to.

Bill Nelson
  2. clevermod01

clevermod01 designer at clever models

New kits

Just a heads up from Clever models. we just put up two new kits including the G&D water tower. And like most of our kits the O scale kits are downloadable for under $10.

If you haven't visited in a wile stop by.

no commercial links allowed !! I don't mind you publishing you are an engineer there but that is as far as that goes. Absolutely no commercial links allowed. It is in the rules. Please go over them, Thanks! :)

Thom & Dave
  3. Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson Well-Known Member

This may be a hangover from years ago. ten fifteen years ago Bachman made a lot of Junk and most of it was almost unusable. The improvements in Bachman's quality in the last ten years is 2,000% . It was bad enough once to make you swear off the stuff forever.

Bill Nelson
  4. ton noteboom

ton noteboom ton noteboom

my compliments to Bachmann.
    Their Spectrum range is excellent.
    I had some trouble with the gearing of the railcar but they sent, after i complained, a complete new one for parts.
    Unfortunately Bachmann, in their new catalog, have no new models.
    It looks like they are scaling down.
    The porter with dcc and sound is reintroduced thats about it.
    Why they still sell the 0-6-0 mogul i don't know.
    I had one here, from a trainset i bought for the D&RGW passenger cars.
    But it looks like a toy in comparison with the other later models they made.
    It has relocated to my junkbox.
    Recently i bought a secondhand MMI K27 because i loved it for so long.
    Boy o boy , it looks great but the driving quallities are BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!
    It's still in the maintenance shed for MAYOR refit.
    This will be the first and last expensive model i will buy.
    In future i will stick to cheap and chearfull Bachmann Spectrum.
    They look good and run flawlessly.

5. st albans simon

st albans simon New Member

Hi , a newby here , I am droping down scales from G mainly lgb to 0n30 , and I have purchased over the last 5 years a bit of 0n30 and it is very good quality and the new 18' wagons are a joy and cry out for a bit of weathering.