0-27 Scale Train Photos

CSX

Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
www.freewebs.com
Here are lots of photos of most of my 0-27 scale trains. Everything is pictured except for my SOO Line Diesel locomotive and it's freight cars. If you have any questions or comments, please post them!

CSX

Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
www.freewebs.com
Here is photo #1 of the trains in the cabinet. Both trains are Lionel. The one on the top is from 1951, and the one on the bottom is from 1987. They are very nice trains but I don't run them due to age.

Attachments

• Cabinet1.JPG
    Cabinet1.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 35

CSX

Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
www.freewebs.com
Here is a beautiful Santa Fe/Shell Lionel steamer. I think the manufacturing date is 2001. It is limited edition, as well as the cars. Only 500 sets were made.

Attachments

• Shell1.JPG
    Shell1.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 35

CSX

Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
www.freewebs.com
I am thinking that the electric track I have (Years 2000-2004) produce too much current with the transformer I have from 2002. I may need an older model transformer to run it.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
What scale are they? I am a little confused, do you mean gauge or scale?That is a great display, yoyu have some very nice post war and modern trains.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
I know the difference between scale and gauge, I was wondering if the posted did but with appearing rude or a know it all, or at least I was trying to do so.

That is a great illustration though.

As far as I know, there is no 0-27 scale. In fact 0-27 gauge is a misnomer today since traditional sized 0-27 track come in larger diameter curve radiuses.

Now Lionel the tradition yard stick of 0-27, 031, and out the cab window with Fast track coming in sizes like 0-36 and 048, ect.

Regarding scale look at 0n30, compared to 1:48, say in two rail.

For a logging RR such as Ely-Thomas who used both standard and narrow gauge, the two would be prototypical but would look mighty strange running side by side on a layout.

I have seen them together, however, on a video on building a logging Railroad with an HO log train running in the mountains in the rear of the layout for the effect of depth and it all comes together. The video is Logging Modeling the Prototype by Green From Productions. Look it over if you get a chance to do so.

As a side note Ihave been to Finwick, W Va many times and of course, Richwood and have seen Shays working around the mill there at the Cherry River Boom and Lumber Co.

Likewise at Mower Lumber as a boy. My dad and I use to hunt on Cheat Mountain and trout fish the Greenbrier and Deer Creek as well as Stillington(?).
Creek. You would never know it now but in the 1880's loggers loggers floared white pine down those creeks in the spring to the mill in Roncervert.

CSX has reason to be proud, I for one enjoy a display of trains more so that trains on the track often times. His shelving and so forth is pretty cool, I would like to see his layout.

Thieme_12.jpg

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
HI Gil,

I must admit, that when I first joined this forum, I wasn’t sure if it included any 3 rail O gauge. All references are to O scale, even the “S, O, G Scale” forum. I did see many posting about O gauge there, so I joined in. I hope that was OK , or is it truly suppose to be ‘O’ Scale (as in 2 rail)?

BTW – my who layout is ‘O’ gauge on 027 track.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Friend, I have no idea but I am here.

I operate O gauge. I have some standard gauge that I like to use at Christmas some years.

Generaly I have used standard o gauge, that is the heavier tubular 31 inch track becuse it is so reuseable, 0 27 tears up with reuse easily for me. I have some pre war Gilbert track.

Then I tried Gargraves and liked that in 54 inches but once you bend that flex track, there it is, you can't unend it like Atlas.

Now I am building a smal shelf layout wiyh Lionel Fast track.

I have it laid out in the driveway at the monent seeing how it will look before I start cutting lumber and turning screws ( I never drive a nail when working on a lay out).

This a restart for me as I put most of my toy trains ( that is what they are you know, toys after all) in storeage a few years ago and the facility was flooded out. I lost all kinds of antiques, one of a kind things and hundreds of wonderfull train items of all kinds.

So as to 2 rail O, S, On3, ho Z or N, even garden RR, more power to them :D

I like old Marx and TMCC, post war, pre war, and modern stuff all in O.

I am thinking of a Bachman starter set in On3 however. It may suit my purposes, an old dog can learn a new trick I think, as long as he keeps sharp on the old ones.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Guys, our O scale includes anything built to 1:48 scale, also 1:43 and 1:45 if you feel so inclined. Also includes On30 if you don't want to use the narrow gauge forum.
It's really for anything bigger than OO scale, which we sneak into the HO forum.
Feel free to post O scale items and standard gauge as well.
I think that we would also allow any numbered gauges >0: 1, 2, 3, or 4.