“Moonbase Alpha Main Mission Study Model

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Octoman, Aug 12, 2015.

1. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

I think you should consider making some figurines and make a "stop-go" movie animation with your base as the set. You get a billion hits on YouTube!! If I could dig up some Frank Lloyd Wright "Falling Water" plans, I could post them to you in a P.m., if you wish. :)
    Octoman likes this.
  2. blake7

blake7 Member

Well I not sure how helpful this is, but I found a really simple paper model of Frank Lloyd Wright "Falling Water" a couple years ago. It is only four pages long, and the last page is instruction page, which you can see below. Here is where I found it:

Octoman your model looks great! I can't believe you scratch built it.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    Octoman, Sky Seeker and zathros like this.
  3. zathros

I have that drawing also, combined with the photos out there, it makes sense of them and can be of great use! :)
    blake7 and Octoman like this.
  4. Octoman

Octoman Member

Thanks for all of the feedback and sorry it's been a while since I've posted. The holidays were REALLY busy this year; lots of relatives in from all over and no spare moments! The rabbits are best friends now and running around the house together (if they find any paper projects; they are immediately nibbled down to nothing!) and I'm going to be getting back to work any day now. The plan is to finish the study model, start work on the styrene scratch build and turning the work already done into a paper kit to release here. I've looked over the "Falling Water" materials and added it to the long list of future projects. Thanks again for all of the interest, support and materials posted. Hope everyone had excellent holidays and that winter is bearable where you are.

See you all in a few days!

DanBKing, bgt01, Tonino and 1 other person like this.
  5. DanBKing

DanBKing Active Member

Good to see you back, Ian.
    Happy New Year to you and yours.
    May this year bring all you hope and dream for.
    Octoman likes this.
  6. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

I really like what you are doing with this diorama!!!
    I am looking forward to seeing how it will turn out!!!
    Octoman likes this.
  7. bgt01

bgt01 Exemplary Confidant

Glad you're back, Ian. I'm glad it was just the h0lidays keeping you busy and not Nuclear Disposal Area One going critical near your house! ;)
    Octoman and Rhaven Blaack like this.
  8. Rhaven Blaack

I am back for good!!!
    Octoman likes this.
  9. Octoman

Octoman Member

Hello all,
    I know it's been months since I've posted but I've been recovering from some personal disasters. Sometimes when it rains, it comes down like bricks. I plan on finishing up the study model shortly but I'm not exactly steady on my feet yet. Thanks for being patient.

10. blake7

blake7 Member

I pretty sure most people understands. Things happens. When you get back on this I will be following it closely.
  11. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

Thanks for the note. I wish you all the best! :)
  12. Tonino

Tonino Member

I join RF wishing you all the best!!
    And don't worry: the good thing here is that you don't have to respect a schedule!
    When you'll come you'll always find your friends here, ready to say hello to you... :)
    Revell-Fan likes this.
  13. Rhaven Blaack

@Octoman I am sorry to hear that you were having personal problems. However I am glad to that everything is OK now and that you are OK and back again. I wish you and your family all the best. We are all here for you.
  14. Sky Seeker

Sky Seeker Well Established Member

I know what you mean. Hang in there! Things do get better (sometimes just not in the way you expect). I hope that everything works out for you in the future. Looking forward to seeing what you are doing with your model.

Take care!

Sky Seeker
  15. zathros

If you're having a very easy life, you may be doing something very wrong. ;)
    Sky Seeker likes this.
  16. Francois Roussel

Francois Roussel New Member

Great work Ottoman, please continu your good work!